Tea Party: The Documentary Film follows the stories of several Tea Partiers as their lives are transformed to activism. It would make a great Christmas gift for Tea Party friends and family. The producer is offering a three for two sale through Monday 3PM EST. Here's some background from their website on the people featured in the movie:
- Nate, a young black man from Detroit, Michigan, voted for Barack Obama in 2008 from an upbringing that taught him to mistrust America because of the color of his skin. As a Libertarian with a paradigm shift and a newfound understanding of the nation he loves, he is risking the anger of family and friends by joining the march against a President’s policies that would victimize the very people he loves the most.
- Jack is a father of two young children, a little league baseball coach and a health insurance agent. He risks losing his job under current healthcare reform. He is a Democrat turned Constitutionalist and the younger brother of a Vietnam veteran who is marching for his children and the future of the America he believes in.
- In 2008, Jenny Beth and her husband lost a multi-million dollar business, were forced into bankruptcy and home foreclosure. Nine months later, she is working as a national leader in the grassroots tea party movement, organizing events and taking her message to the steps of the National Mall with the company of millions behind her.
- William is a patriot renaissance man, a pastor, colonial re-enactor, painter, poet, Vietnam veteran, former Pentagon and Secret Service employee and a man of the march. He can be outrageous and funny or somber and reflective, full of antics and unpredictability. He marched for the Vietnam Memorial during the Reagan Era and this time, his journey back to Washington, DC leads him to the front lines of the march down Pennsylvania Avenue on September 12.
- Dr Fred Shessel is a doctor moved to action against a government threatening to undermine the doctor-patient relationship with suffocating beaucracy and increased taxpayer spending. After years practicing as a highly respected urologist, he is stepping out of the hospital corridors to lead an army of fellow physicians into the halls of power and corruption and fight for his patients on Capitol Hill.
- Dave is a 20-something young professional studying to become a doctor. He spent time as a fashion model in Milan and beyond and is sick of big government and the apathy within his own generation. He is now moved to action in the tea party movement by a government gone too far.