The St. Louis Tea Party held our inaugural "After Party" Thursday evening at the Crowne Plaza in Clayton, MO. Over a hundred people attended the event which introduced the Tea Party's new initiative to transform itself so that it can drive political change through direct, local action. Going forward, there will be monthly meetings to inform and educate After Partiers about current issues, political activism, and (to the degree it's required) technology.
St. Louis Tea Party co-founder Bill Hennessy has blogged extensively about the vision for the After Party:
- Part 1: The Tea Party’s Next Wave
- Part 2: The 2010 Election
- Part 3: The Way Forward
- Part 4: What Was That Vision?
- Part 5: The Most Powerful Sentence in the World
- Part 6: A New Tea Party Mission
- Part 7: People
- Part 8: Who Do You Trust?
- Don’t Commit the 7 Deadly Sins of Movements
- The After Party Guide Book